The First Eucharist Retreat is Saturday, April 13, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Lunch will be served. At least one parent must attend the retreat with their child. We will begin our day in the church. Attire for the retreat should be casual.
At the retreat the children with the assistance of their parent(s) will:
- Handprint an altar table cloth to be used for their celebration.
- Participate in a Last Supper reenactment.
- Make a Eucharist symbol to be hung on a banner in the Social Hall.
- Watch a video: Grandma's Bread.
- Rehearse songs for their celebration.
- Make unleavened bread to be eaten at lunch.
and a 1 1/2 X 2" recent school photo of your 2nd grader.